Welcome.....

The Koebcke family has been on quite a journey over the past 5 years. Although we have had our trials, it has been such a blessing to raise two wonderful children and to share this journey with my amazing husband. We are looking forward to what life has in store for us!

My goal for this blog is to share our journey with the people who have been with us through all the good,
the bad, and the ugly! I can't promise to blog as much as I should, but I promise to do my best.

Warning...blogs may be extremely boring :)

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Let's Start Living!!

For the last 2 years we have put off traveling, taking weekend trips, visiting anyone for more than a couple hours....reason??? Well, we knew that Kaden would eventually have a transplant and we wouldn't be tied down to doing dialysis for 10 hours a day, everyday. It takes a fairly large machine and a mind boggling amount of supplies. Not the easiest thing to mess with while being mobile. So we never did...always said we would just wait until he was transplanted and we wouldn't have to mess with it. Now that dialysis is going to be a part of our lives for many years to come, it is time to stop putting off the things we have been wanting to do....yes, IT IS TIME TO START LIVING!

My new project in my life is to brainstorm and make plans for all the places we want to visit, whether that is a true vacation or fun weekend trips. Kaden has already put his vote in for Disney World.....our thoughts on that.....ABSOLUTELY! He loves John Deere tractors, so I thought we could make a weekend trip to Moline, IL where there is a really neat JD museum. We heard about a nice place to go see old restored cars. Travis and I have visited the Newport Aqaurium in Cinci and think Kaden and Karina would both enjoy it. These are just some of the places that are going on our list.

I have to say I have been enjoying this new "project" that I have been working on. It gives us something to look forward to and it makes me feel good to think that we ARE going to make life fun and normal for Kaden. Making life fun for Kaden is much more than taking a road trip here and there. We are going to make an effort in everday life. Dialysis is NOT going to hold us back anymore....Kaden deserves the simple pleasures of getting out there and experiencing the carefree life of a 5 year old. So....that is what we are going to do....and I am exciteded to get started! We just need to be discharged from this hospital!!!!!!

If anyone has any ideas on neat places for us to take the kids, we would love the suggestions!

4 comments:

  1. Hey I have a great an idea how about Indiana Beach on me as long as I can go too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great Dan! We'll take you up on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Fowler is calling your name for one weekend of excitement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YIPEE!!!!!! I hear there is a TON of things to do in Fowler! Just kidding :) We'll have to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete